“Planning a return trip next year.....”
"We spent 10 days at this hotel as our first overseas holiday with children (aged 5 and 3). We had seen other hotels on a tour operators website but the Trip Advisor ratings were not good and then stumbled upon this hotel via Trip Advisor. Decided to trust the ratings and reviews and we were extremely glad to have done so.
Contactez-nous pour un devis personnalisé!
Highlights and lowlights are listed below, but in general it is a small, family run friendly hotel with modern decor. We went for an "Olympo" deal which included drinks and a slightly larger room and this was just perfect for us - drinks on the beach can be expensive so we found we popped back to the hotel to cool down and have a drink. We came away not wanting to return home and certainly wanted to go back - this is the first time we've said we wanted to go back to the same resort and hotel!
Highlights for us were:
- friendliness and helpfulness off the staff: we decided, after local recommendation, to go to a local theme park - Oltremare - and as soon as we mentioned that to the staff, tickets had been arranged and the hotel owner was giving us a lift there! Nothing was ever too much trouble.
- quality and variety of the food: we went half board
- location: not right on the beach front, but just 50 yard walk to the promenade and the hotels beach section - www.zona60.it - and a short amble from the main shopping area
- resort: very clean, lots of facilities, ice cream like nowhere else!
- lots of Italians on holiday - really felt like we were in a foreign country rather than holidaying with a load of other Brits!
Only two lowlights (and they are very small issues one of which is particular to us):
- Kids club: the English of the childrens entertainers was not great, but to be honest we hadn't particularly planned on using the kids club anyway and they certainly tried - often coming over to invite our children on evening excursions etc. which we took up on a couple of occations. There was certainly a lot going on - and the children got to eat separately if they wanted to (ours didn't) - but we just wanted to play together on the beach as a family.
- Swimming pool: This is particular to us in that my wife is allergic to the chlorine in most swimming pools, and the pool doesn't have a shallow end which made it difficult given the ages of our children and their swimming abilities (I had to have one of them in the pool at a time). Having said that, after a few days on the beach they were both a lot more confident at swimming so it because less of an issue - and it wasn't a huge issue anyway because there's a large amount of sea to swim in!"